Updated: Aug 30
Internet is network of networks. In order to send and or receive any kind of information via internet then sender and receivers in anywhere in the world should be connect internet via dedicated routers and servers. Here any kind of information means may be text message, graphics, voice, video and any types of file.
The internet is the global system of interconnected computer networks that use the internet protocol suite (TCP/IP) to link devices worldwide. It is a network of networks that consists of private, public, academic, business and government networks of local to global scope, linked by a broad array of electronic, wireless and optical networking technologies. The internet carries a vast range of information resources and services such as the inter-linked hypertext documents and applications of the World Wide Web, electronic mail, telephony and file sharing.
The high speed, fiber optic cables through which the bulk of the termed as ISP- Internet Service Provider. Every computer in the network is connected using two protocols – Internet Protocol and Transmission and Transmission Control Protocol.
Concept of Internet:
Advanced Research Project Agency Networks (ARPANET), the instigator of Internet emerged in 1957 from the United State Department of Defense. Since its establishment in 1969, the internet has grown from four host computer systems to tens of millions. Although nobody owns the internet, but it is monitored and maintained indifferent ways. The internet society, a non-profit group established in 1992, oversees the formation of the policies and protocols that define how we use and interact with the internet.
A computer on internet can be addressed using an internet protocol address and can also be placed using Domain Name Service (DNS). The IP address consists of address of network and address of the computer within the network.
Features of the Internet:
1. We can send message anywhere in the in a moment with fastest mailing service of the world called “email” through internet. We exchange the messages with another person through chatting.
2. We can transfer files to anywhere in the world.
3. We can call anywhere in the world.
4. Watch TV through internet.
5. We do shopping through internet.
6. Make an application for admission.
7. Pay our telephone bills and other bills etc.
8. Enjoy Movies /Music.
9. We play online games.
10. We promote our product by giving advertisement on websites.
11. We can view maps of anywhere of the world.
Internet Services is referred as the facility us are availed through internet. There are lots of internet services in those days which are following.
All the financial companies or banks have been online and making online transaction from a far away branch to its head branch. All the share market companies are trading online.
When we need any kind of information we do find it on a certain website or search it through search engines. We can find software for free through internet.
We can book tickets of airlines, railways, buses, movies and so on. Only we need to pay the amount of that through a payment gateway.
Now-a-days an application for a post is applied through online mode in every government, private department and other important service.
We can buy and sell anything online through internet. There is number of buy and sell web portals and we can also do advertisement of any brand or advantage through various well-liked advertising websites.
Weather forecasting: Internet is used to broadcast the news and weather report.
E-communication: There is number of facilities to communicate through online. Sending email, chatting, sending free messages to cell phones, voice on internet protocol and so on.
Component of Internet:
There are following component of internet.
1. URL (Uniform Resource Locator): URL is the unique address of any website on internet. There are four parts of URL of any website.
a. Protocol: It is used for fetch a website from server to user. In above example http is protocol. The full form of http is Hyper Text Transfer Protocol and https is hyper text transfer protocol secure. These protocol works on port number 80.
b. Domain/Server: This is the name of website like google.com, facebook.com etc. In above example www.tripserves.com is domain.
c. Directory Path: This is the name of any folder. We use / for it and it store different types for files. In above example hotels are the file name.
d. File Name: It is store in directory. It can be html page or jpeg.
2. Client Server: These computers are special type’s computers which provide some serves is called server like Google.
3. IP (Internet Protocol): IP is that process by which we send data from/to one computer to another computer in Network. Relative to internet every computer has a unique address those known as IP Address.
4. World Wide Web (www): This is global system which manages the different website on internet. It is use for opening website on internet.
5. Hyper Text: It is special types of text by which we take the knowledge about other text. It is used on different website.
6. Hyperlink: Hyper link is that link by which we can reach other website after clicking the hyper link. By defaults hyper link has blue colour and underline below the link.